Nude photography meets Italian sensuality: we present the photographer Gioacchino Dell Erba, selected pictures and their techniques in this portfolio.
Shooting preparation
Gioacchino, Giacchi for short, he does not know his model, almost never a plan or an idea, which photos should be created during a shoot. His recipe is so simple: he goes with his model first to drink a coffee to get to know.
Image
In a conversation with the model, the direction in which and if you want to work together can be seen quickly. If the chemistry is correct, he shoots a few test shots to determine how the person moves and gives. After all, the most important shooting requirement is that everyone will feel comfortable.
Picture gallery
Of course, Giacchi sometimes has a picture in his mind which he would like to implement, but he always assigns his ideas to the wishes and possibilities of the model. Thus, his pictorial ideas arise mostly on the spot, from a combination of location and the model, and above all his ability to open up to him. It is an honor and a special thing for him to experience a model as a part of photography.
Equipment selection
Gallery: Sensual nude pictures of Gioacchino Dell Erba
The choice of the equipment is important for him. He just packs all his burnt-out fires, in any case, although he shoots only with an 85-burner fire. Since he also only shoots with daylight and ambient light and does not have a make-up artist, only the photographer, the model and the camera remain in the end:
He preferably shoots with an aperture. Thus, blurred details in the background and the model automatically moves to the center of the image, even if it is not purely in this area. By blurring details, Giacchi can play generously with the graphic lines in the background. Also unclean or nonsense like nails or wall stains are invisible to the viewer's eye.
Giacchi tries to retouch his photographs as little as possible on the computer and to capture all the details right at the recording. Of course, he removes pimples or other elements that could disturb the beauty and naturalness of the model. Then he decides whether he places a filter over the image or prefers the black-and-white version. At the end, he selects the image section.
About six years ago, Gioacchino Dell Erba had a digital camera for the first time, but he refused to capture his pictures on chip. He argued that the better quality would be the same.
With the camera in his hand, he admitted, however, that the digital technology opens up new possibilities, he could at once assess the results, react accordingly and, for example, repeat the photo if it was unsuccessful. An advantage that can be the decisive factor in the photography of people. For him, the reason to take over with the time of the admission of women's portraits and half-measures.
Gioacchino Dell Erba
With the digital technology, you began to photograph women's portraits and half-images. How can I introduce your first shoots?
It took me a long time to get close to photographing half-measures and files. There are already a lot of bad shots, and I was just not sure if I would be able to present the sensuality and beauty of a woman without making them look cheap. At first I photographed my girlfriend. This gave me the courage to find my recordings nice and appealing.
Recording technology and image design
So I began to rely more on my stomach-feeling and heart when I set the model apart. In addition, I am lucky enough to count many beautiful women to my circle of acquaintances. If I had portrayed them so far, I soon became annoyed by all of them that I wanted to paint them once again as an act or a half-act.
Special: All about nude photography
Image processing
What is the fascination of half-life and nude photography for you?
I am not really concerned about the nude photography, I only noticed at some point that a portrait of a partly unclothed person much more than a fully clothed. There are worlds in between, and although this is often not more than a naked shoulder. I love head cinema - there is nothing to see in the picture, and whole film reels are spinning in the head of the viewer.
What parts of your equipment are indispensable for nude photography and why?
Head cinema
Gioacchino Dell Erba in the interview
Nude photography
Camera and lens are for me incidentally. My eyes, my gut feeling and the confidence of the model - yes, his devotion - are for me the indispensable components that decide whether success or failure should be an act. It is quite simple: If the chemistry between model and photographer is not, only reject is produced.
You registered in August 2009 in fotocommunity (fc). What features of fc do you particularly value?
I have learned a lot from the beginning through the fc and the family relations of the photographers. I appreciate the opinions of other photographers, and the fc is a wonderful place to exchange and improve.
Are you getting synonymous suggestions in the fc? And what influence does fc have on your photography?
Even if I look at pictures of other fc photographers, these photographs do not serve as templates to photograph the like. No, I want to make my pictures completely unloaded. Of course, it is clear to me that everything has already been in some form, but I still feel that the expression and composition of the picture come from me.
Then you do not have any photographic idols?
Well, if you want to talk about the role models, you have liked me right from the beginning - and this to this day - people I personally know and very much appreciate, for example the fc photographers Andreas Puhl, Stefan Beutler and Rolland Flinta. They simply shoot fantastic shots of people, just like Noni Photos takes me for outstanding and unrivaled children's pictures. Of course, there are many more, but the naming of all would be beyond the scope.
What is your personal handwriting for you?
I hope to see my pictures at first sight, that I have designed them and taken them. For example, I recognize a recording by the fc photographers Stefan Beutler, Raphael Guarino, Rolland Flinta and Andreas Puhl at a distance of 100 meters. I hope my pictures will have or will have such a recognition-at least when I grow up.
Cameras: Nikon D700 / 600, lenses: fixed focal lengths 35, 50 and 85 mm, accessories: My eyes
No comments:
Post a Comment